Career Highlights include ...
- Published 50 refereed articles and presented 20 conference papers since 2005 on e-learning; communities of learning; professional practice pedagogies; writing, language and textuality; culture and identities;
- Completed or about to complete a total of 20 doctorates to completion;
- Until 2018 Team Leader of Victoria University Melbourne’s MTESOL (Vietnam) at Hanoi University;
- Worked four years as Discipline Leader and Senior Lecturer in Writing at Swinburne University, Melbourne, as a doctoral supervisor, e-moderator and online course writer;
- A decade’s experience delivering innovative educational programs online, and a Certificate in Online Learning from the UK's Open University;
- 20 years’ in tertiary and secondary education in English (Creative and Professional Writing, Literary Studies, Linguistics) and English as an Additional Language
- Local/institutional teaching awards and nominated for national awards;
- PhD and BA (Hons) in English (Minors in Languages, Social Sciences);
- Graduate teaching qualifications in Language Teaching, Higher Education and Cambridge TEFLA;
- Three years as university preparation curriculum designer/manager in foundational industry contexts;
- Experienced in team leadership in tertiary and secondary contexts as Discipline/team leader or assistant principal;
- Published poet, librettist, short story writer, creative writer and journalistic/features writer.
- Guiding people to maximise their potential, creativity and success in their chosen areas at their particular level is a major life mission.
- Understanding individuals’ desire to affirm their identities and to belong to a wider community both motivates successful learners and adds value to teaching and learning.
- Success in tertiary educative context in the 2010s requires a commitment to quality and innovation in online and flexible delivery of targeted learning packages
- PhD (University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand)
- BA (First Class Hons.) (University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand)
- RSA/Cambridge Cert. TEFLA (University of Cambridge, England)
- Graduate Diploma in Language Teaching (GDLT)(Unitec New Zealand)
- Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (GDHE)(Unitec New Zealand)
- Recipient, Unitec Excellence in Teaching Staff Award, 2004
- Nominee, NZQA Tertiary Teaching Award, Excellence in Innovation, 2005
- Recipience, Excellence Awardm, Leadership in Transnational Education, Vctoria University, Melbourne, 2016
- Recipient, Otago Polytechnic Excellence Award, 2019, Research Supervision
- Orcid https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0108-5195